To develop KU student potentiality to have legal knowledge to serve the society efficiently.
The Department of Law has the academic strength using various potentialities emphasizing in Academic excellence.
Legal Knowledge. Justice Companion. Rule of Law Principle. Injustice Elimination.
- Rapee's Day
- Commemoration of the life and also to lay a wreath of His Majesty Rapeepattanasak, Father of modern Thai Law at his statue.
- Student Extracurricular
- An activity to develop the skills of the Freshman students at the Law Department at Kasetsart University to the new university environment.
- Written Law Examination
- An activity to provide the skills to think, analyze and write legal exams. Understanding the facts and application of the laws appropriately for the exams and for practical use.
- KU Law Open House
- An academic visit to Kasetsart University, providing the information to the students who are graduating High School as a guideline to the academic path to study law at Kasetsart University.
- Competition Activities
- The Law Department provides legal competition activities such as, quizzes in the legal issues, mediation, moot court etc.
- Law forestry
- An implementation of the laws of the environment to the issues of the Thai environment. By providing an in-depth experience to practically survey each location provided. Also, to conserve the environment through volunteering activities.
With the uprising quality grown in each year. In 2019, the Department of Law, Kasetsart University, has been approved by the Asian Law Students’ Association : ALSA Thailand to establish the Association in the name of “ALSA Kasetsart” within the University as the 5th local chapter of Thailand, which consists of the local chapters from Chulalongkorn University, Thammasat University, Chiangmai University, Assumption University and Kasetsart University. Which aims to promote the Department to a Law community on a broader scale.
- Academic Visit
- A study trip to the legal organizations both public and private organizations to law firms such as Linklaters, Tilleke & Gibbins. Or to public organizations such as the Thailand Arbitration Institute (TAI), Thailand Arbitration Center (THAC), Courts of Justice etc.
- Eng for Lawyers
- An activity which aims to develop the legal English skills for the law students. By inviting professors of law from the most prestigious universities, or who holds an accreditable university degree abroad.
- Moot Court
- A top-notch extracurricular activity aiming to provide the students the ability and skills to develop their legal skills in advocacy, research, problem-solving and court proceedings. The activity has been collaborated by experts in the mooting field and jointly participated by official invitations to the Court of Justice, and to among the most prestigious student organizations ex: Thammasat International Moot Society (TIMS), International Moot Association Club (IMAC Chulalongkorn), ALSA Chulalongkorn.
Law Department, Faculty of Social Science
Kasetsart University has been providing the legal studies since 1943. During the first period, the legal studies was included into the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration. Until 1980, the University approved the establishment of the Department of Law under the Faculty of Social Sciences.
In 2003, the Department of Law has been approved to establish the “Bachelor or Laws – LL.B” degree to graduates who completed four years as according to the curriculum. Currently we provide specific legal knowledge in intellectual property laws, business laws, environmental laws, public laws etc. The first graduates to receive the LL.B degree was in 2005.
Up to this date, we have been established for almost twenty years with graduates and alumni’s in the public field (judge, public prosecutor, legal professionals) and in the private sector (law firms, in-house lawyer etc.) and we have been ranked as the 3rd closed-law school to receive a Barrister-at-Law degree within one year exam.